Thursday 15 March 2012

Why I'm Awful At Fantasy Baseball

I pour hours upon hours into studying, regressing, formulating and drafting fantasy baseball players. Every goddamn year: Spreadsheet, R, Correlation, Ranking Inefficiencies, Draft, Trade. Cry.

And, I think I may have finally found my problem. Quite simply, the fantasy Gods hate me. Whether sleepers or prospects, the players that I draft simply post atrocious numbers in the year that I acquire them. But, after Spreadsheeting, R-ing, Correlation-ing, and Ranking Inefficiencies-ing of my previous Drafts, I realized that joining my team doesn't permanently cripple a player's value. Joining my team only destroys a player's value for the year in which they're on my squad. They're fine after that, and to be honest, they actually achieve and often exceed expectations the year after that.

So, with that said, I have but a single question: Does it make sense for me to simply re-draft the guys that I drafted last year knowing this? I'm tempted to believe that the fantasy gods would only further smite these players, but I'm a bit of a pessimist.

It's nice to know that I hold the fate of Shin-Soo Choo's career in my hands, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment